Sunday, January 1, 2012

My New Years Resolutions

I've never been big into New Year's resolutions. But the dawn of a New Year has always excited me. Like the first day of a new school year, or a brand new planner. All shiny and new with lots of possibility. An opportunity to learn from the mistakes of the past, leave behind what didn't work and to and take forward the best from the years before.

There's a lot that lies ahead in 2012. And the one thing I have learned from the past is that everyday with the people you love is a gift. In 2012 I want to focus on that. To live everyday to the fullest with love and hope in my heart.

So in that vain, I am going to make some resolutions. Set some goals to keep me on track. A list I can look back on to motivate me and remind me to live my every day fully.

1. Focus on the blessings I have and not what is missing.

2. Train and make my health a focus. This year I will walk 60 miles in 3 days. My body has a lot of work to do before I'll be able to do this.

3. Strengthen and nurture my friendships with my girlfriends - the past few months I have found renewed energy in the comfort of good friends.

4. Spend time strengthening my marriage. - So much of our energy is spent on raising the boys that I often forget that Matt and I deserve each others energy too.

5. Live in the moment and celebrate the small joys of the every day. There are so many with two babies in the house and the time goes way too fast!

6. Find professional satisfaction.

7. Be patient with others - especially my children.

8. Be kind to myself.

I wish you all love, joy, happiness, peace and grace in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment